Admin_Mendus
Administrator
Hi everyone,

As the intro blurb of the Forum already mentioned. Mendus is a place where the patients help decide what will happen with the research. In order for the site to work, you MUST get involved.

Propose a study you would like to try. Ask a question about a treatment option you've heard about. Join an existing study. It's through your action that we'll be able to get enough people and data to actually make a dent in this disorder. Perhaps we'll find something new and fuel future lab-based studies.

Looking forward to hearing your ideas,

Joshua

Re: Welcome to the Fibromyalgia Forum

FM000046
Hi Joshua just wondering how to participate in the FM study?

Re: Welcome to the Fibromyalgia Forum

Admin_Mendus
Administrator
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. The only study we having running to this point for the FM group is the diet study. You would actually be the first person to start. We have several people doing pretty much the same study in the CFS group but our FM group has been slow to get off the ground.

If you wanted to start that one you would go to the studies page:

http://www.mendus.org/fm-studies.html

Indicate that you're interested (if you haven't already) in the yellow box. That's just so that I know to expect your data.

From there head to the study home page: http://www.mendus.org/fm-diet-study-home.html

At the top left you'll find two instruction forms. One is basic stuff and one describes in a fair bit of detail how to use the diet tracking program we're using.

If you meant a different study than you'll have to wait for a bit. A few studies have been proposed in here and I've been meaning to move the list over to the Studies Page (1st link above) so people can sign up. Unfortunately I'm completely back logged. However, as I mentioned, we don't have so many FM members yet anyway, which we need in order to get those studies rolling.

Hope that helped.

Josh

Re: Welcome to the Fibromyalgia Forum

Admin_Mendus
Administrator
Also, I don't have record of an FM000046. I'm assuming this must be our friend from the PA community?

You can use your PA ID number in here as well. Sooner or later we'll also have a FM000046 and we have a CFS000046. So please stick with PA.

I realize the system is a bit weird. That's how I got around not having people have to actually sign in anywhere and still know who is who.

Thanks,

Josh