Oxygen and fibromyalgia

Kathleen Maguire
Before I can clearly propose a study I need to do some research about exactly how oxygen gets to our muscles. If somehow o2 could get to the muscles sooner or more efficiently, would that prevent the post exercise pain and fatigue? Kathy Maguire

Re: Oxygen and fibromyalgia

Admin_Mendus
Administrator
Hi Kathy,

I think you're on the right track. We're working on a study that's quite related in the CFS community. The idea is that we need to learn how to safely exercise in order to increase our fitness level and, I presume, our ability to transport and take up O2. The trouble is, as you mention, the pain and fatigue. Some have proposed that the problem only arises when you cross over from aerobic to anaerobic respiration. Thus, staying below the anaerobic threshold, as I guess its called, allows the person to 'workout' and avoid the negative symptoms. That's roughly the theory anyway. Check out the discussion over in the CFS group and join in if you wish. If we can establish the study there we can run it for FM people as well. Would be nice to see if there are group differences.

PS: We'd prefer if you use your member ID rather than your name. It may seem weird or paranoid but because of the way the site is setup and concerns over the nature of the site and research we're trying to keep as much as possible completely anonymous.

Thanks,

Joshua

Re: Oxygen and fibromyalgia

Kathleen Maguire
Thank you Joshua,
I'll check out the discussions. I want to look into understanding the biochemistry of the process of transporting and taking up the O2. I imagine learning about the amazing happenings behind the taking up of the oxygen and why we don't take it uo will take me a while to wrap my mind around, but i %Think it's exciting to think about.
I also like the anonymity idea but I can't find my member ID.

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 7:17 AM, Mendus [via Fibromyaglia Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://fibromyaglia-forum.70321.x6.nabble.com/Oxygen-and-fibromyalgia-tp14p16.html
To unsubscribe from Oxygen and fibromyalgia, click here.
NAML

Kathleen P. Maguire CSJ
Milton. MA 02186

Re: Oxygen and fibromyalgia

Admin_Mendus
Administrator
Send me an email and we can try to sort out your ID issue.

mendus.org@gmail.com