MicroBiome Study

Mendus_Admin
Here we would look at the gut bacteria and see if there are imbalances which may be common to individuals with FM. I've discussed this possibility with several members. Is anyone aware of any research that has already been done? I'd be surprised if there isn't any.

Joshua

Re: MicroBiome Study

FM000191
I'd be very interested in this. I've already done a course online because I was so convinced there was a connection. It was done by the University of Colorado at Boulder by Rob Knight.  Unlike a lot of other people who have seized on the opportunity to publish books called The Microbiome Diet and other such, he was VERY cautious about which conditions could be alleviated.

It looks like I'm the only one though!

Re: MicroBiome Study

Mendus_Admin
Hi and welcome,

He sounds like a good scientist.

I agree, it seems a bit early to be writing books about the microbiome and diet but perhaps there could be guidelines about how to not get too out of balance. But without a really solid understanding of what balanced looks like that could be tough.

Our microbiome study should have been launch already but the company I've been working with keeps pushing back our release date. I'll send them another reminder to try to get this rolling.

By the way, you completed the survey for the CFS group. That's fine but I have yet to setup the display which allows FM and other groups to see their results from that survey. I'll get to that shortly as well. Here is a link to the FM questionnaire, it's much shorter.

https://eSurv.org?u=FM_Survey

Joshua