ADD and Fibromyalgia

robincrutan
I have heard that Fibromyalgia can manifest in ADD-like symptoms in children. I have always had issues and was diagnosed with ADD in later life. I have never been hyperactive but have had all the other symptoms. I have always had "phantom" aches and pains, exercise intolerance and hosts of issues, mostly ignored until in my 50's all came crashing down. What I am saying is perhaps it was FM all along. Are we misdiagnosing the "space case" FM children with ADD?

Re: ADD and Fibromyalgia

Admin_Mendus
Administrator
Hi and welcome to the group,

That's an interesting thought. Do you know if there's been any research on the question? If not, I wonder how we might approach it. We could easily run a survey which assesses both and compare that to perhaps the CFS group but getting a more definitive answer could be tough.

Joshua

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 1:45 AM, 000256 [via Fibromyaglia Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have heard that Fibromyalgia can manifest in ADD-like symptoms in children. I have always had issues and was diagnosed with ADD in later life. I have never been hyperactive but have had all the other symptoms. I have always had "phantom" aches and pains, exercise intolerance and hosts of issues, mostly ignored until in my 50's all came crashing down. What I am saying is perhaps it was FM all along. Are we misdiagnosing the "space case" FM children with ADD?

http://fibromyaglia-forum.70321.x6.nabble.com/ADD-and-Fibromyalgia-tp27.html
To start a new topic under Study Suggestions, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Fibromyaglia Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: ADD and Fibromyalgia

robincrutan
Among members, yes. I would imagine one would need a larged group of non-hyperactive ADD children and a group of control children and possibly the FM/a test to check for FM frequency in both groups or even with adults diagnosed with ADD.